Our Keynote Speakers
With more than 26 000 rivers (medium and small size) flowing on its soil, Georgia is one of the top countries in freshwater resources per head in the world.
And yet, the country has made use only 20% of its hydroelectricity generation capacity which is estimated to be 40 billion kWh a year – if fully harnessed.
Furthermore, Georgia’s economy steadily grows and so does its electric power consumption.
Looking ahead, the Georgian government is firmly determined to enhance its national energy security, which means to not only meet the growing local demand but also turn the country into a net exporter of hydropower.
Setting itself the goal of becoming a trustworthy investment destination, the country leaders have committed efforts to liberalize its energy market and develop investor – friendly policies since 2008.
There is no doubt that such an ambitious goal combined with an enormous untapped potential of hydropower production presents a range of financially appealing opportunities for foreign investors in Georgia.
Bringing together senior industry executives, policymakers, investors, experts from IFIs and environmental civil society, the event will cover a number of important topics including:• Future trends in hydropower
• Georgia’s hydro potential and its development opportunities
• The right ways to secure financing
• A breakthrough in digitalization of the hydropower industry
• The latest technologies and tools to minimize hydropower impacts on ecosystems
• Dam safety management systems: effective risk management … and many more.
Who should attend?
• Hydropower operators
• Power companies
• Power grid operators and electricity distributors
• Power equipment manufactures
• Energy service companies
• Bankers, lawyers and consultants
• Policymakers and environmental civil society groups